Best Survival Gear

Buy Survival Gear Online

The Easter Island Effect

mercury warning dam b jasper texasHas anyone seen the movie Rapa Nui with Jason Scott Lee? For those of you that have never seen it, Rapa Nui is about Easter Island, and how the people consumed all natural resources in the pursuit of their GODs.

After all natural resources were consumed, society collapsed.

A few days ago I posted a link in a thread on Survivalist Boads saying about 92% of all fresh water is used for agriculture.

Think about that for a minute, 92% of all fresh water is used in food production. That only leaves 8% for other uses. If a global weather pattern shifts so farm rich areas receive less rainfall, we are just a couple of percentage points from a food shortage.

Every gas well that is fracked uses around 5 million gallons of water. Instead of finding ways to conserve water, oil companies trade water for oil. We can not drink oil.

Kevin Felts © 2008 - 2018