My SHTF food preps include mylar bags, #10 cans, MREs and canned goods. In this article and video ware going to discuss making up 20 mylar bags of rice, beans, oatmeal,,,,, and various other items.
Awhile back I made up some homemade superpails of oats, rice and beans. I found the 5 gallon mylar bags difficult to work with and a little difficult to seal. After that experience I decided that the largest bag I was going to mess with was probably going to be around the 2 1/2 gallon size.
For my current project I decided to make up some 1/2 gallon and some 1 gallon mylar bags. Inside of the bags I am going to store oats, rice, beans, instant mashed potatoes,,, and a few other things.
Items To Be Stored In Mylar Bags
- 2 – great value whole grain old fashioned oats, 42 ounce containers
- 4 – great value whole grain quick oats, 42 ounce containers
- 3 – great value elbows enriched macaroni product, 3 pound boxes
- 1 – hungry jack mashed potatoes, 26.7 ounce box
- 2 – great value mashed potatoes, 2 pound box
- 1 – 20 pound bag of rice
- Several – 1 pound bags of pinto beans
- 20 – mylar bags with ziplock seal