For some reason my fig trees are not growing like they should. I suspect it is due to the sandy soil and a lack of composting around the fig trees. There is just any nutrients in the soil for the trees to pull from.
I do not want to put commercial fertilizer around them, so I mixed up some organic fertilizer:
- Cut the top off of a one gallon milk jug.
- Fill 3/4 with water.
- One handful aged chicken manure.
- One handful ash from my smoker. This is a mix of oak, pecan and wild cherry.
- Handful bone meal.
- Mix together with a stick.
- Pour around base of fig tree.