Stockpiling supplies at the bug out location? Let’s take a few minutes and talk about what are some essential bug out location supplies.
The goal of stockpiling essential supplies at the bug out location is to help the family after a SHTF/ Doomsday event. We want to make the family members feel safe, secure, and have the bug out location feel like a home away from home.
One way to achieve the “home away from home” feeling is by making trial runs to the bug out location. For example, use holidays and long weekends at a remote cabin or hunting camp to practice bugging out. Once at the bug out location, observe what items will the family use most. Take books for example, what types of books will various family members read?
At the hunting camp my family uses, we have a wide assortment of hunting and fishing magazines. Those types of books are mostly read by the guys. While on the other hand my daughter likes puzzle books, such as crossword puzzles.
Bug Out Location Supplies
- AM/FM radio with short wave
- Berkey Water Filter or a Sawyer PointOne
- Bible / other religious material
- Blankets and sheets
- Board games
- Books / magazines
- Butchering knives
- Camp knives
- Cooking utensils – pots, pans, skillets
- Eating utensils – knives, forks, spoons
- Fishing gear
- First aid kit
- Fuel – gasoline, diesel, kerosene
- Hand soap / bar soap not liquid
- Hand tools
- Knife sharpening stones
- Lanterns – rechargeable and kerosene
- Mosquito repellent
- Outdoor grill – something like a cinder block grill or a smoker
- Playing cards
- Propane – one pound or twenty pound bottles
- Puzzle books – such as crossword puzzles
- Sleeping bags
- Solar battery charger
Firearms and Ammunition
- 22 long rifle ammunition
- 30-30 Winchester ammunition
- 308 Winchester ammunition
- 223 Remington / 5.56mm ammunition
- 7.62×39 ammunition
- Gun cleaning supplies
- Shotgun slugs
- Shotgun small game shot
Some people may not choose the calibers listed above, so stockpile ammunition for your selected SHTF survival rifle. Some survivalist may pick something such as the 270 Winchester instead of the 308 Winchester, which is fine. The 270 Winchester is a great cartridge.
If a family has to bug out and they only have time to grab a few firearms, attempt to have ammunition for your survival firearms at the bug out location.
If a family has to bug out to the bug out location we want their stay to be as comfortable as possible. Each person should at least have their own pillow, blanket, and personal hygiene kit.
When SHTF people will be displaced and out of their typical routine. Let’s make their stay at the bug out location as comfortable as possible.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Survival Gear Additions January 2019 - February 3, 2019
- Would Free Education Solve The Nations Problems? - January 30, 2019
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is The Result of a Root Problem - November 25, 2018
- Hunting in Seasonally Blocked River Sloughs - November 25, 2018
- What Do The 2018 Midterm Election Results Mean? - November 11, 2018