This is a video I put together for All Outdoor, and covers the basics of setting up a backpack for a day hike.
In short, keep the most used items within easy access. This usually means an outside pouch of the backpack. This is where I keep the maps, compass and water filter.
Least used items go in the main compartment. This is where I keep stuff like food, stove, cook pot… etc.
The pack in the video is a three day assault pack. Read my first impressions of the pack here – Three Day Assault Pack First Impressions.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is The Result of a Root Problem - November 25, 2018
- Hunting in Seasonally Blocked River Sloughs - November 25, 2018
- What Do The 2018 Midterm Election Results Mean? - November 11, 2018
- Agenda of the Democratic Socialist Party of America - November 4, 2018
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018