This is a video I put together for All Outdoor, and covers the basics of setting up a backpack for a day hike.
In short, keep the most used items within easy access. This usually means an outside pouch of the backpack. This is where I keep the maps, compass and water filter.
Least used items go in the main compartment. This is where I keep stuff like food, stove, cook pot… etc.
The pack in the video is a three day assault pack. Read my first impressions of the pack here – Three Day Assault Pack First Impressions.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Democrats Continue With The Russian Narrative - April 22, 2018
- Camping Near Bogs, Bayous, and Sloughs - April 20, 2018
- SurvivalistBoards YouTube Channel Renamed to RuralPrepper - April 20, 2018
- Watch Out For Snakes in the Early Spring - April 19, 2018
- Syrian Gas Attacks: Why Survivalist Prep - April 13, 2018