This is a video I put together for All Outdoor, and covers the basics of setting up a backpack for a day hike.
In short, keep the most used items within easy access. This usually means an outside pouch of the backpack. This is where I keep the maps, compass and water filter.
Least used items go in the main compartment. This is where I keep stuff like food, stove, cook pot… etc.
The pack in the video is a three day assault pack. Read my first impressions of the pack here – Three Day Assault Pack First Impressions.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018
- Cultivating Muscadine Grapes At The Bug Out Location - August 5, 2018
- Life After SHTF: Moving Food From Farm To Market - July 31, 2018
- Planning a Fall / Winter SHTF Survival Garden - July 24, 2018
- Viability of the 308 Winchester for SHTF - July 23, 2018