The people of the United States are in a state of shock and awe over President Donald Trump. He is holding true to his election promises and doing exactly what he needs to do to restore the USA as a world leader.
Let’s be perfectly honest, when Donald Trump announced his run for the presidency, the earth shook with laughter. Main stream media mucked Trump as if he were a red headed step child. The political elite laughed and laughed, but slowly, their tears of joy turned to tears of anguish.
There have been numerous questions as to why Donald Trump was put in the presidents chair.
The answer is simple, the people were tired of business as usual. We are tired of career politicians who are out of touch with everyday working people. It was the people with their unyielding desire for change that put Donald Trump in the White House.
Why are the people of the United States in a state of shock and awe? Probably because we have not had a strong leader in a generation.
The last strong leader the United States had was Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ).
- Nixon – Restored trade with China, which allowed our factories to slip away like a thief in the night. Then there was the Watergate scandal. The worst thing Nixon did was take us off the gold standard, which allowed the federal government to print money out of thin air.
- Ford and Carter – Petty much waste of time.
- Ronald Regan – Granted tax breaks to the rich, decimated shipbuilding along the Gulf Coast, and increased income inequality.
- George H. W. Bush – Mostly remembered for not taking out Saddam Hussein when he had the chance.
- Bill Clinton – Signed GATT and NAFTA.
- George W. Bush – Mostly remember for getting the U.S. into an endless war.
- Barack Obama – Community organizer who ruled with a pen. However, what can be done with the pen, can be undone with the pen.
- Donald Trump – Who will probably be remembered as the only president to keep his promises.
The trend from Nixon to Obama was to establish free trade and give the wealth of the United States away. Those free trade policies decimated the middle class. What democrats do not seem to understand, the middle class does not want handouts, we just want our jobs back.
Except for President Donald Trump and LBJ, none of the presidents listed above had the best interest of the people in mind. For example, during the financial meltdown of 2008, rather than telling the banks to suck it up and go belly up, the government printed billions out of thin air, and loaned it to the banks at 0% interest rate. The people who were responsible for the 2008 meltdown were never held accountable.
Young adults in 2017 have no idea what it is like to have a strong president. The eight years under obama were not ruled by law, but by executive orders and policies. As mentioned earlier, what can be done with the pen, can be undone with the pen.
In the past 100 years there have only been four presidents who spoke the truth. These are men who were not afraid to speak their minds on a topic.
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Harry S. Truman
- Lyndon B. Johnson
- Donald Trump
For the most part, history books ignore presidents who were not afraid to hurt someones “feelings.” These are men who do not tip-toe around politically correct terms. They are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Society has been conditioned to believe our leaders should tip-toe around the topics. What that results in, is a government that grinds to a halt. There is an old saying, “To make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs.” When leaders make tough choices, toes have to be stepped on.
There a number of people who would love to see President Donald Trump fail. The bad news, if Trump fails, so goes the nation. Those types of people have nothing but contempt for the nation, for the government, and the president.
While some people may not agree with Trump, rest assured he has the best interest of the nation in mind.
Middle class needed someone to step up and put the nation first. That is why Donald Trump was elected president.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018
- Cultivating Muscadine Grapes At The Bug Out Location - August 5, 2018
- Life After SHTF: Moving Food From Farm To Market - July 31, 2018
- Planning a Fall / Winter SHTF Survival Garden - July 24, 2018
- Viability of the 308 Winchester for SHTF - July 23, 2018