Question to all the preppers / survivalist out there, do chemlights have a place in your preps? I have a few chemlights, but just a few. Once those are used, I honestly do not know if I will buy anymore. As a tree hugger, it bothers me that chemlights are use once, then throw away. Where do all the used chemlights end up? In the landfill. Why use chemlights when there are so many rechargeable options on the market?
Let’s take a rechargeable LED lantern for example. Once the battery is run down, it can be charged by solar, or by USB, then it is ready to go again.
To me, chemlights are “almost” the same as throwing your money away. You get a few hours of light, and then it is thrown away. Why not get a flashlight or lantern? Both of them are reusable, while a chemlight isn’t.
Are there chemlights in my preps? Sure there are. I just have a difficult time spending money on something that is disposable.
A video I made for All Outdoor about chemlights. If you have not subscribed to the All Outdoor YouTube channel, please go over there and subscribe, thank you.
Here is a video I put together about my LED lanterns and solar panel. You decide which is better for you preps.
Which would you better served by:
- Chemlight you use once and then throw away.
- LED lantern that can be recharged
Anyway, here is the video.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Democrats Continue With The Russian Narrative - April 22, 2018
- Camping Near Bogs, Bayous, and Sloughs - April 20, 2018
- SurvivalistBoards YouTube Channel Renamed to RuralPrepper - April 20, 2018
- Watch Out For Snakes in the Early Spring - April 19, 2018
- Syrian Gas Attacks: Why Survivalist Prep - April 13, 2018