The Lucky Gunner youtube channel usually puts out some good videos, but I must say this one probably takes the cake. The guy talking in the video uses various examples with one being from the 1930s where it is suggested that police officers double action only revolvers. Jjust 1/8 inch of trigger pull can cause the single action handgun to discharge.
Arguments made against single action handguns can also be made against striker fired handguns.
- No safety.
- No way to decock the handgun. In the case of striker-fired there is no way to lower the striker without clearing the handgun and pulling the trigger.
- Shorter trigger pull than double action.
Now that the argument against single action and striker fired handguns has been made, what are your thoughts?
We have example spanning back 70 years saying that double action is safer than single action and that should apply to striker-fired as well.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Barbecue Cook Out For a Family Reunion - May 22, 2018
- Ending the Chicken Manure as Fertilizer Experiment - May 21, 2018
- Transplanted Tomatoes and Planted Okra - May 20, 2018
- Tips on Getting Okra Seeds to Germinate - May 19, 2018
- Been Working on the Boat for Summer Fishing - May 18, 2018