Sometimes a song comes along that sticks in my head. One such some is The Mummers’ Dance by Loreena McKennitt.
Music is the essence of what makes us human. Every civilization developed music in some shape, form or manner.
Lyrics start out:
When in the springtime of the year
When the trees are crowned with leaves
When the ash and oak, and the birch and yew
Are dressed in ribbons fair
Songs about nature hold a special place in my heart. I like metal, heavy metal and industrial metal, but songs like The Mummers Dance have a special meaning. Our modern lives have displaced humanity from where we belong, and that is with nature. We are not meant to live in cities or in neighborhoods crammed next to each other.
Another example of The Mummers Dance. This video sticks with me as it shows a lot of stuff I relate to – living close to nature, beautiful women, family, and living in peace.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Using A Pocket Compass While Hiking With The Dogs - March 21, 2018
- Gun Control Communist Fascist Socialist and Democrats - March 17, 2018
- The Story of Buster My Black Mouth Cur Farm Dog - March 16, 2018
- Democrats: Limit Rights Until 21 Years Old - March 15, 2018
- What Is a Prepsteader? - March 8, 2018