What is the prohibitive factor slowing down progress? Besides greed.
Why do so few US citizens own their homes?
Why do we have widespread income inequality?
It all boils down to ease of access to higher education. Whether it is a skill trade such as welding and heavy equipment operation, or a professional such as being a doctor or lawyer, people need access to higher education.
A simple fix would be to socialize higher education. What the student pays would be based on their income and their parents income. For schools like Yale, Harvard, Brown, A&M,,, they would do a lottery system for applicants.
If a homeless person applies to Harvard and is drawn through the lottery, that person would attend school for free. That homeless person would be attending for free because the government would set the rates of the school.
No more profit drive higher education schools.
The patents registered to those schools would be licensed to students for free. This would ensure start-up companies have equal access to technology as already established companies.
Make professors and college workers federal employees. Their salary would be figured from the average income of their students. Professors would have a vested interested in how well the students are doing after they leave the school. If the students are not prepared for the real world, the professors pay will reflect that.
There would be no grants, no loans, no AA, no quotas,,, nothing but a balanced education for everyone.
No more rich parents buying their kids into the best colleges. Everyone will have a fair and equal access to higher education.
Without access to higher education the United States will continue to fall behind other first world nations.
For example, did you know more people in Romania, India, Russia and Poland own their homes than in the United States?
Romania leads the world in home ownership with 96.6%.
United States ranks 34th with only 65.2% owning their home.
Take a look at that list. More people in Bulgaria own their homes than in the United States. Somehow we are supposed to be a world leader? If we do not get more people into higher education, we are going to have the highest rate of homeless of any first world nation.
Our education system sucks.
- We have some of the highest income inequality of all first world nations.
- We have some of the slowest internet access of all first world nations.
- We have one of the highest infant mortality rate of all first world nations.
- We have some of the most expensive health care in the world, and with some of the lowest survival rates in the developed world.
A lot of it boils down to greed.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Evinrude Outboard Motor Lower Unit Oil Change - June 22, 2018
- How To Spot Fake Prepping Websites - June 22, 2018
- Thorfire TK01 AAA Battery Flashlight Review - June 21, 2018
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018