While it is drizzling rain here in southeast Texas I am using the damp conditions to burn a brush pile. The burning brush pile is where wife and I are planning on planting potatoes and corn next year.
I am standing in the rain, wearing my boonie hat, when I start thinking about what crops would be good to raise next spring.
Some of the crops I thought about are corn, squash, zucchini, purple hull peas, okra and potatoes.
In another field closer to the house my wife and I are going to plant snap beans, some more potatoes and tomatoes.
My wife and I are planning on canning a lot of the food we are going to grow in the garden.
What did I miss?
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Ending the Chicken Manure as Fertilizer Experiment - May 21, 2018
- Transplanted Tomatoes and Planted Okra - May 20, 2018
- Tips on Getting Okra Seeds to Germinate - May 19, 2018
- Been Working on the Boat for Summer Fishing - May 18, 2018
- Leaving a Rat Snake in the Chicken House - May 17, 2018