While it is drizzling rain here in southeast Texas I am using the damp conditions to burn a brush pile. The burning brush pile is where wife and I are planning on planting potatoes and corn next year.
I am standing in the rain, wearing my boonie hat, when I start thinking about what crops would be good to raise next spring.
Some of the crops I thought about are corn, squash, zucchini, purple hull peas, okra and potatoes.
In another field closer to the house my wife and I are going to plant snap beans, some more potatoes and tomatoes.
My wife and I are planning on canning a lot of the food we are going to grow in the garden.
What did I miss?
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Gun Control Communist Fascist Socialist and Democrats - March 17, 2018
- The Story of Buster My Black Mouth Cur Farm Dog - March 16, 2018
- Democrats: Limit Rights Until 21 Years Old - March 15, 2018
- What Is a Prepsteader? - March 8, 2018
- Spring Is a Beautiful Time of Year - March 6, 2018