There is an old saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. This is why I visit a number of liberal biased websites throughout the day. Because I want to know what kind of filth and lies the liberal news media is spreading.
I am opposed to a universal background check for all firearm purchases.
Here are 5 reasons why I oppose the universal background check system.
1. Gifts and wills – Will my daughter have to go through a background check before I can buy her a firearm for her birthday?
When I pass away, will my grandchildren have to go through a background check before they take possession of a family heirloom shotgun?
If my dad, or a close friend decides to sell me a firearm, do I have to go through a background check?
When my grandfather left my great grandmothers shotgun to me in his will, would I have to go through a background check to take possession of said firearm? If I did not pass the background check, where does the shotgun go? Does the government take the shotgun? If so, what about my right to due process? The government can not take your property without due process and compensation.
2. Right to privacy – Why does the government need a record of every purchase I make?
Does the government make smokers go through a background check to buy cigarettes?
Does the government make people convicted of smoking weed go through a background check to buy rolling papers?
Does the government make people go through a background check to buy alchol? We would not want anyone drinking and driving now would we?
3. I do not need permission to exercise a right – A right is something we do not need to ask the government permission to do.
I have a right to go to church.
I have a right to read a newspaper and stay informed on political events.
I have a right to open a political blog.
I have a right to a trial by jury.
I have a right to remain silent.
I have a right to own a firearm.
When you have to ask permission from the government, that action becomes a privilege rather than a right.
4. Executive Order 9066 – Issued by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942, allowed for the indefinite detainment of all people with Japanese ancestry during World War II.
5. TOYOSABURO KOREMATSU v. UNITED STATES – United States Supreme court upheld Executive Order 9066. Which allows the President to detain people without due process.
Just for fun, lets throw in a 6th and 7th reason for private gun sales.
6. Guantanamo Bay detention camp – People are being held with no due process. No trial, no jury,,, no nothing but lifetime in a prison cell.
7. Executive Order 6102 – Sign on April 5, 1933, by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt “forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion, and Gold Certificates within the continental United States”.
With the stroke of a pen U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt criminalized the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.
People were stripped of their wealth by the stroke of a pen. In return the people received a fiat currency.
We could go on all day about how the United States government upheld slavery, slaughtered the Native Americans, Waco, Ruby Ridge, Kent State, National Defense Authorization Act, Patriot Act, illegal wire tapping, warrant-less searches in the name of nation security, forced sterilization of US citizens,,,.
But none of that makes any difference to liberals. Forced sterilization, indefinite detainment, taking of property with no due process,,,,.
Liberals usually say two things right about now, its all for the greater good, or, that kind of stuff no longer happens.
Forum Thread – On the topic of universal background checks
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018