In the next few weeks some of my family members and some of my friends are meeting at the homestead for a cleanup day. The area we are cleaning up has not been used in close to 30 years. During that time various family members dropped off unwanted trash, such as a hot water heater, large box fan, tin, fence wire,,, and other odds and ends.
Pine trees, sweet gum and oak trees have been growing in this same area.
We have three things to take care of – clean the brush out, cut some small trees down and pull the metal trash out so it can be hauled to the recycler.
Stihl chainsaw with 18 inch bar
Chainsaw fuel and bar oil
8 pound sledge hammer
Chains for pulling logs with the truck
Files – for sharpening axe and chainsaw
Ruger 10/22 for snakes
There is an oak tree down in the back of the field. The plan is to cut a 2 feet section of the trunk for a chopping block.
As we cut down some of the small pine trees, they will be cut into sections that can be split and thrown on the fire. Split wood burns better then non-split wood.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Using A Pocket Compass While Hiking With The Dogs - March 21, 2018
- Gun Control Communist Fascist Socialist and Democrats - March 17, 2018
- The Story of Buster My Black Mouth Cur Farm Dog - March 16, 2018
- Democrats: Limit Rights Until 21 Years Old - March 15, 2018
- What Is a Prepsteader? - March 8, 2018