Tools For Homestead Cleanup Day
In the next few weeks some of my family members and some of my friends are meeting at the homestead for a cleanup day. The area we are cleaning up has not been used in close to 30 years. During that time various family members dropped off unwanted trash, such as a hot water heater, large box fan, tin, fence wire,,, and other odds and ends.
Pine trees, sweet gum and oak trees have been growing in this same area.
We have three things to take care of – clean the brush out, cut some small trees down and pull the metal trash out so it can be hauled to the recycler.
Stihl chainsaw with 18 inch bar
Chainsaw fuel and bar oil
8 pound sledge hammer
Chains for pulling logs with the truck
Files – for sharpening axe and chainsaw
Ruger 10/22 for snakes
There is an oak tree down in the back of the field. The plan is to cut a 2 feet section of the trunk for a chopping block.
As we cut down some of the small pine trees, they will be cut into sections that can be split and thrown on the fire. Split wood burns better then non-split wood.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Tips on buying an AK-47 - September 27, 2016
- Homemade anvil with stand - September 27, 2016
- Thrunite Archer flashlight ultimate test - September 26, 2016
- When did society stop respecting police - September 23, 2016
- Democrat policy tell a lie until people believe it - September 12, 2016