How can you tell the difference between a cheater and a legit player with real skill? Honesty, its not that difficult.
The first thing you want to do is look at their steam profile. In game its shift + tab – view players – view profile.
1. If the persons profile is private, we have to assume they have something to hide.
2. How old is the account? If the account is less then 2 years old, then we have to assume they are creating new accounts after their old account received a VAC ban.
3. Only 2 or 3 games on their account. When the hacker receives a steam ban, they create a new steam account, buy the game again, and keep on cheating.
4. VAC ban registered on their account. The VAC ban will be listed on the top right of the steam profile. VAC bans are visible if their account is private or public.
5. High win rate. This is one of the main reasons why we want to look at the steam profile. Click on “view stats” under the game name, then click versus stats, then look at the win rate. A win rate above 60% or 65% is above average. A win rate above 70% rate is outrageously high. There is no way someone can have a win rate of 60% – 70% by playing random public games. Either they only play with stacked teams, or they are cheating.
6. Spectate the player while you are waiting to respawn as the special infected. If the player is tracking infected through walls, then you know something is wrong.
7. Skill level way above their playing time. Skill comes with experience. If someone has 100 hours and playing like a pro, chances are they have multiple accounts. Why do they have multiple accounts? Because their other accounts have a VAC ban.
8. If you have someone on your team that you think is cheating, ask. Some cheaters are proud they cheat and like to brag.
VAC = Valve Anti-cheat. Its a program that is ran on secure servers. If a cheat is detected, the person is banned from playing on VAC secure servers.