Rahm Emanuel calls for nation wide ban on assault-weapons
During a ceremony Monday morning at the Chicago Police Department graduation, Rahm Emanuel called for nation wide ban on assault-weapons.
“It’s time that we as a city have an assault weapons ban. It’s time that we as a state have an assault weapons ban. It’s time that we as a country have an assault weapons ban,”
Seems to me Rahm Emanuel needs to get his facts straight. Assault weapons have been banned and regulated since 1934.
Lets not get semi-auto firearms and full auto / selective fire firearms mixed up.
For a weapon to be deemed an “assault rifle”, it has to be capable of either selective fire in burst, or full auto. Those weapons have been banned and regulated with the National Firearms Act of 1934.
So Rahm Emanuel would have us ban something that is already banned? How is that supposed to work out?
Since Illinois has some of the highest crime rates in the nation, Rahm Emanuel discussion on gun control is null and void.
Fix the problems in your own home, then worry about your neighbors. In fact, dont bother worrying about your neighbors, we will take care of our own.Rahm Emanuel calls for nation wide ban on assault-weapons,
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Thoughts on Trump and his immigration suggestions - August 27, 2016
- Liberal hypocrisy election 2016 - August 23, 2016
- Loreena McKennitt – The Mummers’ Dance - August 22, 2016
- Democratic Strategist Calls For Assassination Of Julian Assange - August 22, 2016
- Muslim Migrants Firebomb Bus In Paris - August 22, 2016