During a ceremony Monday morning at the Chicago Police Department graduation, Rahm Emanuel called for nation wide ban on assault-weapons.
“It’s time that we as a city have an assault weapons ban. It’s time that we as a state have an assault weapons ban. It’s time that we as a country have an assault weapons ban,”
Seems to me Rahm Emanuel needs to get his facts straight. Assault weapons have been banned and regulated since 1934.
Lets not get semi-auto firearms and full auto / selective fire firearms mixed up.
For a weapon to be deemed an “assault rifle”, it has to be capable of either selective fire in burst, or full auto. Those weapons have been banned and regulated with the National Firearms Act of 1934.
So Rahm Emanuel would have us ban something that is already banned? How is that supposed to work out?
Since Illinois has some of the highest crime rates in the nation, Rahm Emanuel discussion on gun control is null and void.
Fix the problems in your own home, then worry about your neighbors. In fact, dont bother worrying about your neighbors, we will take care of our own.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Democrats Continue With The Russian Narrative - April 22, 2018
- Camping Near Bogs, Bayous, and Sloughs - April 20, 2018
- SurvivalistBoards YouTube Channel Renamed to RuralPrepper - April 20, 2018
- Watch Out For Snakes in the Early Spring - April 19, 2018
- Syrian Gas Attacks: Why Survivalist Prep - April 13, 2018