Walking through walmart today, saw a pack of ground meat and steak sitting on a shelf. The shelf was in the canned goods section, and not the cold foods section.
I picked up the meat, checked to see if it was still cold, then took the two packs to the freezer section.
Is this what humanity has come to, that we can waste enough meat that would feed a family for a day, maybe 2 days, or even 3 days?
The person that left the packs of meat on the shelf, have they gone hungry a single day in their lives?
The person that left the meat on the shelf, were they on food stamps or welfare?
Did the person give a single thought to the animal that had to die to put the meat on the shelf?
What about the cost of raising the animal? The cost of butchering, packing and shipping the meat, did the person give a single thought to all of that?
Sometimes I am ashamed of the human race. How can we justify wasting food while others starve?
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is The Result of a Root Problem - November 25, 2018
- Hunting in Seasonally Blocked River Sloughs - November 25, 2018
- What Do The 2018 Midterm Election Results Mean? - November 11, 2018
- Agenda of the Democratic Socialist Party of America - November 4, 2018
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018