We Are a Nation Divided
The shooting in Aurora Colorado and the following anti-gun feeding frenzy, has made it clear we are a divided nation. We are not only divided on gun ownership, we are also divided racially, demographically, financially, and through ideology.
When the blacks were freed, instead of treating them as people with rights, the whites continued to look for ways to oppress blacks. Even though slavery was abolished in the 1860s, their rights were not affirmed until the 1960s with the civil rights movement.
“Why” were we, and still are, divided on race? Why cant we as humans and as Americans put racial tensions aside and just get along?
Then we have the illegal immigrant population.
Then we have groups who refuse to incorporate into society.
Then we have the inner city gangs, poverty and drug users.
What would someone from inner city New York know about a coyote raiding a farmers chicken coop in a rural area?
We are divided demographically, financially, racially, and through ideology.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Scouting around bug out location - August 31, 2016
- Thoughts on Trump and his immigration suggestions - August 27, 2016
- Liberal hypocrisy election 2016 - August 23, 2016
- Loreena McKennitt – The Mummers’ Dance - August 22, 2016
- Democratic Strategist Calls For Assassination Of Julian Assange - August 22, 2016