Article from yahoo news,
The storm caused by Hurricane Sandy has downed trees, flooded homes and damaged streets in the New York City borough of Staten Island. On the island’s south shore, trapped residents, some of whom ignored evacuation orders, pleaded with local officials on Facebook to send help to their flooded homes.
This might sound cold-hearted, if you were warned to leave, and you ignored those warnings, too bad.
People that ignore calls to evacuate put a drain emergency services that are better served elsewhere. There is a difference in someone that can not evacuate because they do have the means to, and someone that ignores the situation.
Nobody has the right to willfully be a burden upon others. That is called willful negligence, and it puts others at risk.
Why should a fireman or police officer risk their lives to rescue someone, when that person ignored orders to evacuate?
House gets flooded in a hurricane, you were warned to leave and now you need rescue, too bad. Deal with it.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Evinrude Outboard Motor Lower Unit Oil Change - June 22, 2018
- How To Spot Fake Prepping Websites - June 22, 2018
- Thorfire TK01 AAA Battery Flashlight Review - June 21, 2018
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018