To 1 pint of sour milk add about 3 slices of stale bread and allow the bread to soak in this mixture over night.
In the morning beat up smoothly with 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoonful of soda, a pinch of salt and enough cornmeal and white flour, in equal quantities, to make a moderately thin batter.
Lastly, add the stiffly-beaten white of egg, bake on a hot griddle.
Cakes should be small in size, as when baked cakes are less readily turned than other batter cakes. These cakes are economical and good.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018