To 1 pint of sour milk add about 3 slices of stale bread and allow the bread to soak in this mixture over night.
In the morning beat up smoothly with 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoonful of soda, a pinch of salt and enough cornmeal and white flour, in equal quantities, to make a moderately thin batter.
Lastly, add the stiffly-beaten white of egg, bake on a hot griddle.
Cakes should be small in size, as when baked cakes are less readily turned than other batter cakes. These cakes are economical and good.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018
- Cultivating Muscadine Grapes At The Bug Out Location - August 5, 2018
- Life After SHTF: Moving Food From Farm To Market - July 31, 2018
- Planning a Fall / Winter SHTF Survival Garden - July 24, 2018
- Viability of the 308 Winchester for SHTF - July 23, 2018