To 1 pint of sour milk add about 3 slices of stale bread and allow the bread to soak in this mixture over night.
In the morning beat up smoothly with 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoonful of soda, a pinch of salt and enough cornmeal and white flour, in equal quantities, to make a moderately thin batter.
Lastly, add the stiffly-beaten white of egg, bake on a hot griddle.
Cakes should be small in size, as when baked cakes are less readily turned than other batter cakes. These cakes are economical and good.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- When Are Democrats Going To Address The Issues - June 23, 2019
- Survival Gear Additions January 2019 - February 3, 2019
- Would Free Education Solve The Nations Problems? - January 30, 2019
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is The Result of a Root Problem - November 25, 2018
- Hunting in Seasonally Blocked River Sloughs - November 25, 2018