Mix to a smooth batter, 4 cups of sour buttermilk, 5 cups of flour, and add 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon of molasses.
Add the well-beaten yolks of 3 eggs, 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls of baking soda, dissolved in a little hot water.
Lastly, add the stiffly-beaten whites of 3 eggs.
Place about 3 tablespoonfuls of the batter on hot, well-greased waffle irons.
If buttermilk cannot be procured, sour milk may be used with good results, providing the milk is quite sour.
From this quantity of batter may be made twelve waffles. Serve with maple syrup or honey.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018