1 cup white cornmeal
2 cups boiling water
¼ cup bacon fat or drippings
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 slices bread
½ cup cold water
1 cup milk
Scald cornmeal with boiling water. Soak bread in cold water and milk.
Separate yolks and whites of eggs. Beat each until light.
Mix ingredients in order given, folding in whites of eggs last. Bake in buttered dish in hot oven 50 minutes.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018