One-half cup dried peas, beans or lentils, soaked over night and cooked until tender.
½ cup turnips
½ cup of carrots
1 cup outer parts of celery
½ cup of peas
½ teaspoon celery salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons drippings
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup meat stock or water
1 cup tomato juice and pulp
1 teaspoon onion juice
Melt the fat. Add the seasoning; gradually the liquid. Add the vegetables.
Cook 20 minutes. Serve very hot. This is an especially good way of adding the necessary flavor to lentils.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018