1 lb. of meat from the neck, cross ribs, shin or knuckles
1 sliced onion
¾ cup carrots
½ cup turnips
1 cup potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup flour
1 quart water
Soak one-half of the meat, cut in small pieces, in the quart of water for one hour. Heat slowly to boiling point.
Season the other half of the meat with salt and pepper. Roll in flour. Brown in three tablespoons of fat with the onion. Add to the soaked meat, which has been brought to the boiling point. Cook one hour or until tender.
Add the vegetables, and flour mixed with half cup of cold water. Cook until vegetables are tender.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018