boogie2988 posted a very heartfelt video about growing up poor, and what its like to be poor.
We have two contrasting parts to the story, living poor because we have to, and living poor because we decide to.
I am bad about spending money. If there is something I want I will shop around and wait on sales. Its stuff like food that I spend a lot of extra money on. Hungry? Lets go get something to eat. I may go get a burger or pizza instead of fixing something at home.
Like boogie2988 says, if you can get some money in the bank, it provides a safety net and peace of mind.
Instead of living hand-to-mouth, lets cut back and save some money. Do you “really” need that latest phone? Do you really need that latest game?
When Skyrim came out I wanted to buy it something awful, but I didn’t. I waited until Skyrim hit a 1/2 price before I bought.
My cell phone, its a dumb phone. Its one of those cheap flip phones. Why dont I have a smart phone? Because a cheap flip phone does what I need it to.
Over the next few months my wife and I are going to cut back, way back and try to put everything we can into savings. No more beer, no more video games, no more eating out,,,,.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Survival Gear Additions January 2019 - February 3, 2019
- Would Free Education Solve The Nations Problems? - January 30, 2019
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is The Result of a Root Problem - November 25, 2018
- Hunting in Seasonally Blocked River Sloughs - November 25, 2018
- What Do The 2018 Midterm Election Results Mean? - November 11, 2018