A few days ago I asked the SurvivalistBoards Facebook group a question, “Name one thing a first aid kit is not complete without.” Some of the answers were helpful, and some were not what I expected.
I would like to thank all of the subscribers for helping out with this list.
Anti-bacterial soap. With nothing else you can prevent minor injuries from becoming serious with proper cleaning.
Rum ration, toothpicks, and pain killers
A container, be it box or bag, to hold all of your supplies together and safe/clean.
A good sized sewing needle…best thing to get out any splinter. Sometimes it’s the littlest things that get you.
A first aid book
An alcohol based disinfectant
Training, smelling salts, halo chest seal, pressure bandage
Cephalexin, Doxycycline, Morphine
Chapstick, dental emergency filling repair
A pocket mask
Post your comments in this forum thread about suggested first aid items.
Or, you could just buy a first aid kit.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Survival Gear Additions January 2019 - February 3, 2019
- Would Free Education Solve The Nations Problems? - January 30, 2019
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is The Result of a Root Problem - November 25, 2018
- Hunting in Seasonally Blocked River Sloughs - November 25, 2018
- What Do The 2018 Midterm Election Results Mean? - November 11, 2018