A few days ago I asked the SurvivalistBoards Facebook group a question, “Name one thing a first aid kit is not complete without.” Some of the answers were helpful, and some were not what I expected.
I would like to thank all of the subscribers for helping out with this list.
Anti-bacterial soap. With nothing else you can prevent minor injuries from becoming serious with proper cleaning.
Rum ration, toothpicks, and pain killers
A container, be it box or bag, to hold all of your supplies together and safe/clean.
A good sized sewing needle…best thing to get out any splinter. Sometimes it’s the littlest things that get you.
A first aid book
An alcohol based disinfectant
Training, smelling salts, halo chest seal, pressure bandage
Cephalexin, Doxycycline, Morphine
Chapstick, dental emergency filling repair
A pocket mask
Post your comments in this forum thread about suggested first aid items.
Or, you could just buy a first aid kit.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018
- Cultivating Muscadine Grapes At The Bug Out Location - August 5, 2018
- Life After SHTF: Moving Food From Farm To Market - July 31, 2018
- Planning a Fall / Winter SHTF Survival Garden - July 24, 2018
- Viability of the 308 Winchester for SHTF - July 23, 2018