While my wife and I were doing our Sunday shopping at the local china-mart, I went to the sporting goods section to look at the fishing supplies. Choices, choices, so many choices. Should I get some perching supplies, or stuff for catfishing, bass fishing,,,,,. Do I want supplies for artificial or live bait.
A lot of survivalist stockpile freeze dried foods, food in mylar bags, canned goods, seeds for a garden and ammunition for hunting. One thing that I do not see talked about a lot is fishing supplies. Maybe fishing supplies is a given, that everyone should have fishing supplies stockpiled, or maybe its overlooked by a lot of people?
Fishing supplies bought today:
1. Zoom artificial lizard, 6″ long, cotton candy color – for bass fishing
2. Eagle claw hooks, box of 40, size 1/0 – for catfish, noodles and trot lines
3. Water Gremlin split shot weight – for perch fishing
4. Eagle claw Barrel swivel with interlocking snap, size 5 – for catfishing, trot lines and jug lines
The supplies bought today cover at least 3 different types of fishing – bass, perch and catfish.
The eagle Claw 1/0 hooks can be used on a rod and reel, trot line, or jug line. If your out on a camping trip, the hooks can be used to fish off the bank, or make up some trot lines or jug lines and set them out overnight.
Now its time for a couple of videos.
In this video lets look at making some noodles, which are like jug lines. After making this video, I revised the way I want to make the noodle lines, but a video about the new design has not been posted yet.
In this video a buddy of mine and I go on a 3 day camping trip on the Angelina River in December of 2010.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- What Do The 2018 Midterm Election Results Mean? - November 11, 2018
- Agenda of the Democratic Socialist Party of America - November 4, 2018
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018
- Cultivating Muscadine Grapes At The Bug Out Location - August 5, 2018
- Life After SHTF: Moving Food From Farm To Market - July 31, 2018