Strike one up for the people of the Republic. Awhile back a motorcycle driver was pulled over and the police officer was recorded on a video camera. Well, the police officer decided to arrest the motorcyclist on wire tapping charges.
On September 27, 2010 the charges against the motorcyclist were thrown out of court – motorcyclist wins taping case against state police.
I dont know if statements by public officals are copyright protected, but I’am going to quote the judges statement:
The judge wrote: “Those of us who are public officials and are entrusted with the power of the state are ultimately accountable to the public. When we exercise that power in public fora, we should not expect our actions to be shielded from public observation.”
America is truly a great nation, where the rights of the people are greater then the rights of the government. Remember that the next time you vote.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018