Fire with flint and steel is a basic survival skill that everyone should be familiar with. I would like to thank Sticks65 over at Planetbushcraft for posting this description and video in this thread of the wilderness survival forum.
Primitive man was using basic fire building skills for known tens of thousands of years before matches were invented. If it was good enough for cave dwellers, it should be good enough for us.
Here Im using my friction folder to strike a ferro rod,the tinder is birch bark,then I use the same folder but this time im striking a piece of flint down the spine of the knife to get sparks to land on my char cloth.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018