The other weekend I took some time to get my Maxpedition Vulture II ready for a camping trip. Over the next few months, my family and I have a couple of camping trips planned. One is supposed to be next weekend, on March 13 to Dam B in Jasper, Texas. There is supposed to be another camping trip on the river, and another camping trip along the Sabine River sometime this summer.
Regardless of where your going on a camping trip, its best to be prepared. On my camping trips, I like to be comfortable, that might include bringing a hammock and a tri-pod stool, or even both. That way I can get off the ground for a little while and relax.
There is nothing quit like laying in a hammock, in the woods, in the middle of nowhere. No phones, no cars, no noise pollution to bother you, just the relaxing sounds of nature.
Maxpedition Vulture II Contents
- One man tent
- Sleeping pad
- Sleeping bag
- 3 eversafe meals
- Rain poncho
- Garmin GPS
- TOPO maps
- Map Compass
- Maglight flashlight
The maglight flashlight could probably be replaced with a good quality LED flashlight that uses AA batteries. I have a 2 watt rayovac flashlight that the maglight will probably get swapped out for. Years ago I got in the habit of bringing a maglight that uses 3 D size batteries. Its just so nice having a good solid flashlight in your hands to light up the woods, as compared to a AA LED flashlight. But some of the LED flashlights on the market today seem to be just as bright as my 2 D LED maglight.
Here are some specs of the Vulture II from the Maxpedition website.
* Main Compartment: 20.5″(H) x 16″(W) x 7.5″(D)
* Front Pouch: 15.5″(H) x 12″(W) x 2.75″(D)
* Slip Pocket: 15.5″(H) x 12″(W)
* Capacity: 2810 cu. in. / 46 liters
* Weight: 3 lbs , 8 oz
* Hydration: Up to 100+ oz Bladder
* Support: 1″ Sternum Strap, 2″ Integrated Belt (min 19″ strap alone / max 52″ strap alone; min 34″ loop / max 67″ loop)
* Optional accessories: Hook & Loop Modular Accessories and Grimloc Carabiner, Hydration reservoir
*1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
* Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
* High tensile strength nylon webbing
* High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
*AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
* Internal seams taped and finished
* Paracord zipper pulls
* Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or “Box-and-X” stitched for added strength
There was just enough room in the Maxpedition Vulture II for a warm weather overnight camping trip.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is The Result of a Root Problem - November 25, 2018
- Hunting in Seasonally Blocked River Sloughs - November 25, 2018
- What Do The 2018 Midterm Election Results Mean? - November 11, 2018
- Agenda of the Democratic Socialist Party of America - November 4, 2018
- Democrats Voting Against Their Best Interest - September 2, 2018