In this video we interview a local butcher that shows how sausage is made.
We start out with some pork trimmings, that are put into a grinder, mixed with spices and ground into something like pan sausage. Its then put into a stuffing machine where the meat is forced into the sausage casing. The sausage is smoked at about 180 degrees for about 14 hours. The butcher uses red oak during the smoking process.
Thank goes to James and Jasper Quality Meats and Smoke House in Jasper, Texas for his help with the video.
Please post your comments in the how to make sausage thread of the forums.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018