An unbiased review of the Coleman exponent sleeping bag by trained professionals (not really). Both of my kids liked the sleeping bag and found the bag to be comfortable. But, the bag is supposed to have a comfort rating of 32 degrees. Even with temps around 36 degrees, my daughter was still cold. But my son slept good. Here are their stories.
Even though my daughter had a US Army Poncho liner and a fleece blanket in the sleeping bag with her, she was still cold. It might have helped if she would have had a sleeping pad between the ground and the sleeping bag. But we did not have any pads with us, just a poncho thrown on the ground. I told her she needs to develop some warmth skills, like in a role playing game. She did not find that too funny, in fact she just gave me an evil look like I was stupid or something.
My son had his sleeping bag in his hammock, along with a fleece blanket and slept comfortable.
Overall, the sleeping bag seems to be of good quality. However, being made in China the bag is over priced. Coleman has a lot of these products made in Communist China and then puts a “Made in the USA” price on them. If you can catch this bag on sale, or at a reduced price it is a worth while buy.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018