Splitting mauls are different from an axe. The maul is heavier and wider then and axe and usually has a dull edge. The back side of the maul is sometimes flat so a sledge hammer can be used to drive it through blocks of wood.
Every survivalist should have a way to cut firewood in their tools. In this case its an axe, machete for cutting small limbs a sledge hammer and a splitting maul.
Latest posts by Kevin Felts (see all)
- Fake Prepping Websites Diminishing The Community - June 17, 2018
- Tomatoes, Peppers, and Okra Spring Garden Update - June 16, 2018
- JETBeam KO-01 1080 Lumens Flashight Review - June 15, 2018
- June 2018 Fishing Trip on the Angelina River – A Short Story - June 11, 2018
- Local Wildlife Ate All The Wild Plums - June 6, 2018